|Armor comes in two forms - light and heavy. Light armor comes in all shapes,
while heavy armor typically involves thick steel plating. Although heavy armor
provides far greater protection than light armor, it is extremely cumbersome,
making it unappealing for spell casters and anyone relying on speed and agility
rather than brute strength. Those trained in the usage of heavy armor can
mitigate some of its drawbacks.
Those skilled in crafting can fortify light armor into heavy armor, or reverse
the process, at a cost.
Each piece of heavy armor increase your overall heavy armor level by a
percentage, depending on wear location. At heavy armor percentage 100% all
damage taken is reduced by 25%, but the following penalties apply:
* Chance to dodge and duck is halved.
* 25% penalty to attack rolls.
* 50% chance of spell failure during combat.
* 50% chance to be spotted when trying to sneak/hide.
* 25% hit-chance penalty on circle and similar attacks.
The heavy armor skill reduces these penalties by up to 1/3rd, or up to 1/2 with