Stupidity, like ignorance, is not an excuse.
1) Changes to these rules are at the discretion of the immortals, and may
be done without warning, notice, or even evidence of sanity.
2) Your presence here is a privilege not a right. Obey any orders from
gods, and you will be fine. Deletion does not require a reason,
appeals are to be sent to the implementors (Rimbol,Maedhros,Eris).
3) Sitting around idle with a client is hazardous to your health. Along those
lines, creating a bot for your character to let it run around completing
quests, gathering gold, or other activities, is illegal and is punishable.
4) No multiple logins, multiple playing, or helping your own characters
with other characters you own -- by any arrangment. If you have to
think twice about something, chances are you probably shouldn't do it.
*** THIS INCLUDES weakening mobs with an alt in order to kill
it for any purpose, levelling or otherwise. ** In addition, those people
playing together on the same network (same IP) are not allowed to help
each other in any way. This includes, levelling, eq runs, etc. See HELP
MULTIPLAY for more details, and if in doubt, ask an immortal.
5) No kill stealing. This means you cannot attack a mob someone else is
fighting, unless they ask you to. Also, try to avoid attacking fleeing
mobs. You wouldn't care to whittle a tough mob down near death and
have it flee, just to let the player in the next room kill it and take
the experience and equipment. Think about it.
6) No quest stealing. This means you cannot sit at a quester, watch other
people's quests, and then race them to the spot to either kill their
quest mobs or to sac their quest items. This is a common courtesey
issue that will be dealt with in the same way as kill stealing from a
disciplinary point of view.
7) Cheating will not be tolerated. This includes accepting favors from
gods and exploiting bugs. If you find a bug, report it - do not use it.
Violators will be dealt with accordingly, up to and including deletion.
8) This is a community, and sexual harassment will not be tolerated in any
way, shape, or form. You will be deleted, period. Repeat offenders
will be site banned.
9) Comments made to a character that he/she/it deems unwelcome, vulgar, or
offensive in any way, shape, or form, shall not be tolerated. First
offenses shall be punishable by warnings to the offenders. Repeat
offenders shall be punished as deemed necessary by the Immortal
10) Along those lines, characters who pick names which are deemed offensive
(or even annoying) by the gods will be asked to choose something else.
Names which are candidates for this include: sexual innuendo,
profanity, and general stupidity. If it doesn't sound like it could
possibly be someone's (fictional) name, don't use it. No guarantees
are made that players who are asked to recreate will be given their
same equipment, level, etc. afterward, so choose wisely the first time.
11) Do not actively bring about the death of someone who you would not be
eligible to murder. This includes the case when you are not a pkiller,
the victim is not a pkiller, or you arent in range of each other.
Summoning them to an aggressive mob, or summoning the mob to them are
examples of violations of this rule.
This rule includes healing or spelling up someone during a pkill or
clanwar fight that you are ineligible to join for any reason, including
pkill or clan status, or level range.
12) Do not post results of the lore or estimate skills to the boards. This
includes the results of the wandering sage's analysis of an item and an
immortal's stat power.
13) There is a protocol to appeal immortal decisions. This protocol is posted
rather explicitly in 'HELP PROTOCOL'. Another helpfile worth checking
is HELP PENALTY_GRID, because the imms use this to decide on punishments.
14) Stealing someone's password or character in any form will not be tolerated.
15) Above all, and most importantly, this place is intended to be fun -- for
both mortals and immortals. Enjoy yourselves!
d\cf2\lang2057 "ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY" / "TERMS OF SERVICE"
* Access to Aarchon, and the computing resources
required to operate Aarchon, is granted on a revokable
basis, and at no time is this access guaranteed.
* Aarchon services may be used only for lawful purposes.
Transmission or solicitation for reception of material
which violates US Law, any Policy of the site where the
MUD operates, or local law of the area in which you reside
is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, material
that is threatening, legally obscene, libelous, or violates
trade-secret, patent, or copyright protections.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Aarchon, its
Administrators (aka. Immortals), the owners/operators of
the computing resources, and all other parties connected
with the administration of Aarchon from all claims which
are a result of your usage, without limitation. You agree
that any traffic which originates from your character or
connection is your legal responsibility.
Notwithstanding the above, you agree that should we be
found liable in a court of law for any action or lack of
action related to your use of Aarchon our liability is limited
Access to Aarchon may be denied for any reason deemed
appropriate by the Administrators, including but not
* Using the system to transmit Real Life threats of harm
to another player; Harassment of another player or
character; attempting to crash or corrupt the database or
computing resources of the MUD.
Violation of any of the terms and conditions of service may
result in any or all of the following:
* Suspension of access to the MUD and its computing
resources for a time to be determined by the
* Removal of your character and termination of access to
the MUD and its computing resources without prior notice.
* Notification of your site and/or system administrators
* Notification of civil and/or law enforcement authorities.